In case you are new to hunting, getting outfitted can be expensive and confusing. Another important question will arrive in mind that, what do I need for my hunting?
You need to know the equipment you needed. Otherwise, you will get in trouble, in the middle of hunting. It may cause your life risk also.
We are trying to give you a complete guideline about hunting equipment, help you stay organized. Our list covers everything you need in hunting.
Here we go!
Hunting equipment means all necessary things including clothing, weapon, gear, night essentials, toiletries, food, emergency supplies and some other things that may prove to be useful out in the hunting field.
- Hunting license: If you plan to go for hunting, need a valid permit or license for hunting. There are two types of hunting license:
- Basic hunting license: This permit allows you to chase small prey mostly all species of waterfowl and upland prey. You can apply this license for chasing certain spices for example: bear, big game or other animals.
- Combined License: This license has all the benefits of basic license, and it also for fishing.
- Maps: Maps are one of an essential gears for hunting. It indicates the area of hunting and heritage preservation.
- Protective firearm case: Quality gun cases keep your gun safe. It guarantees your weapons get to the shooting range securely and safely.
- Compass: It gives the right direction in the forest or hunting area. If you use this compass, then you do not get lost.
- Small shovel: A shovel is for digging, lifting. In hunting you need to dig for many reasons like making an oven, placing tentacles.
- Torch or head light: Torch or head light gives light at night.
- Extra Battery: Take extra battery for a torch.
- Binoculars: You can take binoculars for viewing distant objects.
- Odorless Insect repellent: Must keep insect repellent with you. But repellent must be odor free.
- Sunscreen: Also take sunscreen in your hunting journey; it can protect your skin from the sun.
- Game carrier: Game carrier or bags used for carrying prey or haunted animal after hunting.
- Rope: Take some ropes; it helps you in various situations.
- Knife sharpener: A good knife sharpener needs you in hunting session. Without sharp knife, you cannot cut or hunt smoothly.
- Rifle cleaning kit: Gun or rifle cleaning kit is essential gear for a hunter. Rifle need to clean several times in hunting session.
- Hunting Knife: You may choose the right hunting knife according to your hunting animal. Bowie, Camp, skinning, caping, boning knives are popular among the hunting knifes.
- Rifle: Rifle is used for distinct hunting like a duck, goose hunting etc. It is designed to be fired from the shoulder.
- Bow: Find the best bow and take this for hunting. Practice with a bow before hunting.
- Tent: A good tent gives you a warm and safe feeling in entire hunting.
- Bed roll or inflatable mattress: For sleeping a bed roll is essential. You can carry an air bed or inflatable mattress.
- Sleeping bag: It can be a great solution for night sleeping. It gives you warm, safety as well.
You need special clothes for hunting. Hunting clothes are known as camouflage/ camo. It is essential for every hunting. This camo protects you from animal’s eye. It helps you to disappear from an animal.
Hunting clothes have many patterns like bushy, leafy, forest, tree brunch etc. You can choose a pattern according to your hunting areas.
You should carry extra shorts, socks, underpants for long term hunting session.
Hunting clothes include:
- Hunting jacket
- Hunting pants
- Hunting vest
- Hunting boots
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof Pants
For long session hunting that means minimum 3 to 5 days long hunting session, you need some toiletries. Be careful all toiletries must be odorless. You can go for mini or trail pack. These are:
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Small towel
- Toilet paper
Food and Cutlery Items:
Food supply is essential for you in any hunting session. Without food, you cannot survive well. Your energy will be lost for the hunt.
You need some cutlery items as well for hunting session. Here some Food and cutlery items list:
- High energy food & snacks
- Water bottle(s)
- Frying Pan
- Plate, cup, and cutlery
- Cooking stove and fuel
- Dishwashing liquid and dish cloth
- Windproof Match
- Water purification tablets
- Fire starting supplies
Safety and personal:
In every hunting, you should focus your and hunting mates’ safety. You should carry some emergency items. These items probably list:
- First Aid Kit
- Emergency blanket
- Small flashlight
- Signal mirror
- Small sewing kit
- Safety pins
- Survival knife or multi-tool
- Aspirin/Pain reliever
- Cell phone
- First, you decide which type of hunting you may go. Then list up the necessary things of hunting. Take the food according to how long hunting will take place.
- Sort the weapon according to the hunting.
- Every time try to carry light weight things instead of heavy weight.
Here is a details list of hunting equipment. You do not have to go here and there for any information. We presented it very nice and neat way.
You just need to select your essential things among it and pack for hunting. After writing this you will be able to go hunting very organically.
Hope for the best!!!