Just imagine you bought a furniture but the foam is not matching with this. How’s your feeling? It just not ruins your drawing room’s beauty but also your money.
Furniture’s foam should be cut to size. Do you know what size is foam cut in standard? Or How many types of foam are cut?
In this writing, I am going to share a complete guideline about how to cut foam sheet. I hope you will end up with me.
What is foam cut to size:
Simply, foam is cutting according to size. It could be either furniture seat or chair seat or cushion or whenever you fit foam.
How To Cut Foam To Size:
Foam cut has different shapes. Now we will know the shapes name and measure guideline.
- Square/ rectangle foam: It’s a square/rectangle shape cut. For this cut, you need to measure width and length. We measure “width” the side view or left to right measurement. “Length” is front to back measurement.
- Chair cushion: This is a half circle and rectangle shape joined together. the cushion shape is a semicircle. It has an edge, measures the straight part of the side before the curve starts.
- Bull nose cushion: This is a cushion like a rectangle with the front width bull-nosed, meaning that both top and bottom edges are rounded.
- Rounded cushion: It is a rectangle shape cushion with all the top 4 edges rounded.
- Rounded edge cushion: It is also a rectangle shape cushion but the top edge of the front width rounded.
- Trapezium: This is trapezium shape cushion.
- L cushion: This cushion seems like an alphabet ‘L’. The top & bottom and left & right are parallel to each other.
- Curved L cushion: Seems almost ‘L’ cushion shape but it is a curved ‘L’.
- T-cushion: Shape is like alphabet ‘T’. The top & bottom and left & right are parallel to each other.
- Curved T-cushion: It is a ‘T’ shaped cut and curved shape of two passes
- 2 part chair cushion: Used in a chair. The cushion has 2 parts with the same width. Length depends on the seat length for bigger one, smaller one depends on back length.
- 4 part lounge cushion: Used in a lounge chair. It has four parts. every part’s width and thickness same. Length depends on the head , back seat, and leg sizes.
- Wedge/triangle: This cushion is a right angled triangle.
- Semicircle: Shape is like a half circle. Its width (diameter) should be twice its length (radius).
- Cylinder/bar stool: The top of the cushion is a perfect circle.
Beside these, you can provide any kind of shape’s pattern to foam supplier. They can cut your desired pattern.
How to Cut High-density Foam to Size:
Sometimes you need to cut the high-density foam at home, but it is not so easy with a pair of scissors even garden shears. With these tools, cut foam could be an uneven and rough edge.
But you can cut foam to size with a simple and inexpensive tool – an electric meat carving knife.
I hope you will learn everything about foam cut to size. After reading this now you know about the shapes name of foam.
You learned the tricks of cutting foam at home. Hope you enjoy the learning.
Stay with Us.